Last amended October 20, 2021.
Past results can be seen at Rickies.co and Rickies.net.
- There are two types of Rickies: Annual Rickies and Keynote Rickies.
- The winner of the Annual Rickies is named the Annual Chairman, and retains the rights to the corresponding Twitter account for the full year. This position is awarded every January.
- The Keynote Rickies winner is named the Keynote Chairman, and retains the rights to the corresponding Twitter account until the next keynote is held.
- Order for the Annual Rickies is based on the winner of the previous year, while order for the Keynote Rickies is based on the previous Apple event. The Loser goes last.
- To earn any points, everything written down in the prediction document must come true. No half points may be awarded in any round.
- Picks cannot be reused by any contestant within 365 days of first being made.
- One point is awarded for any pick deemed correct in the first two rounds. Two points will be awarded for correct picks in the Risky Pick round. If your Risky Pick is wrong, you lose a point.
- The two other hosts must agree that your pick is "risky".
- For Keynote Rickies, the scoring window starts when the event begins and closes when the picks are scored. Information must be publicly verifiable to be used in scoring.
- After scoring is complete, each host must update their official Rickies Trophy (Late 2021) to reflect the new winner. The large location marker is for the Annual Chairman, while the smaller location marker is for the Keynote Chairman. Trophies should remain in sync at all times with photographic evidence provided on demand.
- Loser of the Flexies must compensate the winner of the Flexies by donating to the charity of the winner’s choice. The amount of the donation is $25 per wrong Flexie made by the loser.
- Each host must make a minimum of 5 Flexie picks.
- Flexies may be re-used as future Flexies or regular picks.
- The winner is determined by the ratio of correct to incorrect Flexies.
- The money must be donated on air.
A tie in either the regular picks or the Flexies is to be broken by coin toss. As Jason Snell has a lifetime ban on flipping the coin, Dice by PCalc in RelayFM mode is the official way to break a tie.